It’s officially day 30 of my September discipline challenge. For the last 29 days I have not consumed bread, potatoes or alcohol. There are results, revelations and realizations. Let’s talk about them.
1. I had no idea that I consumed so many carbs and starches in a day. Sandwiches, dairy free pizza, pretzels, chips, roasted potatoes, fries. It was literally something I would indulge in every single day. What I’ve done this month was opted to have a green vegetable or another plant or nut in it’s place. So instead of chips or pretzels, I had cashews. Instead of fries I would have kale or asparagus. Sometimes I would just have catfish or grilled chicken and nothing else with it. Not the most balance meal but it became more about the discipline than the courses in a meal.
2. The worst thing I could have done in the last 30 days was weigh myself somewhere in the middle of the challenge. Because right now, I’m not as happy as I should be in the process.
Sep 1 – I weighed 255
Sep 22 – I weighed 242
Sep 30 – I weigh 248
The focus should be on the fact that I lost weight no matter what. Unfortunately I’m sitting here thinking “how did I get back that 6!?”
3. The most inconsistent thing this month was my workouts. I only got 1 week in where I did 3 days or more. It became hard to create time for one reason or another and I slacked hard. Think my only workout last week was Saturday. I got to get these workouts up if I’m going to hit my 215 goal by NYE.
4. With the lack of carbs and starches, I noticed my craving for sugar increased. It wild, but I had a craving for things like cookies and ate more fruit snacks and wanted chocolate more than ever this month. If anybody can help me process or curbed that, I’m all ears.
Alcohol was so easy that it’s not worth even mentioning. I’ve been a heavy drinker for only a couple years of my life and those dark days are over.
5. It’s day 30 and success was made! My results are light but as a person that see’s my body everyday, I’m proud of what’s on the horizon. Oct 1, I take another weight tally and a waist measurement. All my slacks and jeans fit bigger this month and it was more room in a couple XL shirts that were snug in July and August.
October the challenge is Intermittent Fasting every day. I practiced it towards the end to mentally prepare. Lets see what happens when I get that in, with the workouts.
The Marathon Continues – Nipsey Hussle